In honor of St. Patrick’s Day and the arrival of spring, I created this quick, easy, and delicious breakfast.
Spinach serves to celebrate the lush greenery of Ireland and spring. The diced Kerrygold Dubliner cheese adds a depth of flavor and touch of saltiness. Instead of soda bread, I opt for a Whole Foods Gluten-free Kitchen almond scone that I gently heated in the toaster oven. The hot black coffee is brewed from a mix of a Hawaiian and hazelnut-flavored blends.
Oh so yummy (and yes, I will have this *any* day of the year!
- 2 teaspoons organic extra-virgin olive oil (I use the California Olive Ranch brand)
- Handful organic spinach, chopped
- 2 thin slices (at most 1/4″ thick) of Kerrygold Dubliner Cheese, diced to small bits
- 5 organic large brown eggs
- Dash of organic onion and garlic powders
- Fresh cracked black pepper
- Heat pan over low-medium heat (#3 on electric stove)
- Quickly saute the chopped spinach in the olive oil.
- Beat the eggs in a mixing bowl and stir in the onion and garlic powders
- Add the egg mixture to the pan
- Scramble the eggs; when firm but still wet, add diced cheese
- Continue stirring until set to preferred firmness and cheese just beginning to melt