Saddle up, Divas, and join me in Mesquite, Nevada for the three-mile cycling time trial on Saturday, April 7.
I bet you can beat my 2016 race time of 15 minutes and 51.7 seconds! That’s what I’m hoping to do. But hurry — online registration ends March 31!!
The 3-Mile Course:
The start line is at the intersection of Hardy Way and World Champions Way at the base of the Mesquite Sports & Event Complex (plenty of parking available plus restrooms). Riders will start in 30 second intervals (no drafting allowed, Divas!) and ride south for 1.5 miles and up two hills then turn around and “fly” to the finish line. The overall elevation gain is only 216 feet.
- I’m hoping to do better this year, but I’m okay pushing my bike up hills (like I did back in 2016 and at last year’s Huntsman World Senior Games’ 5K hill climb).
The 5.8-Mile Course:
This route travels further down Hardy Way (turning into Lower Flat Top Drive) and turns around at W. Pioneer Blvd. The overall elevation gain is 575 feet.
- No, I’m not doing this race because I’m not at the fitness level I think I need to be at.
Schedule & Awards
- Check in from 7:30 a.m. to 30 minutes before your race
- 3-Mile Time Trial starts at 9 a.m.
- 5.8-Mile Time Trial starts at 9:30 a.m.
- First through third place awards by gender and age group (i.e. Women’s 50-54, 55-59, etc.)
- T-shirt included in registration available at check in
Registration & Contact
- Go to MesquiteSeniorGames.org for registration and more information
- Got questions? Contact Nancy Hewett, cycling coordinator, at 503-871-0698 or firstname.lastname@example.org
Hope to see you out there!