The women’s 3,000 meter race walk kicked off the three days of racing at the Huntsman World Senior Games. The event took place on Monday, Oct. 10 at Snow Canyon High School in St. George, Utah. Twenty women competed for top honors, personal bests, measure their improvement in overall fitness, self-satisfaction, and enjoyment.
Women’s 3,000 Meter Race Walk Results by Age Group
- Johanna Flipsen (W65-69), Canada, 17:43.59
- Martha McCarter, KS, 20:57.80
- Susan Geanacou, CA, 24:33.16
- Elisabeth Shepard, CO, 24:42.00
- Maryanne Daniel, CT, 18:13.84
- Laura Draelos NM, 18:15.99
- Karen Stoyanowski, CA, 19:32.16
- Janice Kelble, KS, 22:05.04
- Margaret Dennis, CA, 22:35.60
- Marianne Martino, CO, 19:55.02
- Joanne Freund, PA, 20:37.53
- Carol Wilkinson, CO, 21:39.70
- Joyce Prohaska, OH, 21:55.95
- Mary Gilbert, CO, 28:29.25
- Yoko Eichel, CA, 20:21.44
- Kathleen Frable, UT, 22:44.64
- Patricia Caldwell, CA, 23:41.33
- Carol Dyar, CA, 22:46.57
- Louise Walters, CA, 24:40.55
- Kerstin Meyers, CO, 26:56.36
I opted out of racing in this race because of the lack of quality training, and to be able to take photos of the race walk competition. Instead, I focused on the 1500 meter and 5K distances in an effort to qualify for next year’s National Senior Games.
[EDITED] The 3,000 meter distance is not a qualifying event for the biennial National Senior Games.
MORE RACE RESULTS:
- Women’s 1500 Meter Race Walk Results | 2022 Huntsman World Senior Games
- Women’s 5K Race Walk Results | 2022 Huntsman World Senior Games
Source: Huntsman World Senior Games
Photo by Bonnie Parrish-Kell. Race walkers shown left to right, Louise Walters and Elisabeth Shepard.
The above information was compiled on Oct. 23. The race walk records had not yet been updated for 2022 as of Nov. 8, 2022. Please let us know if any corrections are needed.