The women’s 5K race walk took place on Wednesday, Oct. 12 behind the Dixie Convention Center in St. George, Utah. Twenty-one women ages 50 or better started the race with goals of setting records, winning medals, and to qualify for the 2023 National Senior Games set for Pittsburgh next July.
Women’s 5K Meter Race Walk Results by Age Group
- Johanna Flipsen (W65-69), Canada, 30:20 *Possible age group record (unofficial)!
- Martha McCarter, KS, 35:03
- Susan Geanacou, CA, 41:20
- Elisabeth Shepard, CO, 41:57
- Maryanne Daniel, CT, 31:08
- Laura Draelos, NM, 32:11
- Bonnie Parrish-Kell, NV, 53:50
- Karen Stoyanowski, CA, 33:55
- Eileen McManus, MO, 35:46
- Janice Kelble, KS, 37:38
- Marianne Hamilton, UT, 37:43
- Marianne Martino, CO, 33:16
- Carol Wilkinson, CO, 35:54
- Joyce Prohaska, OH, 37:42
- Margaret McCoy, KS, 42:59
- Mary Gilbert, CO, 49:36
- Yoko Eichel, CA, 35:08 *Age group record (unofficial)!
- Darlene Backlund, CA, 40:18
- Kathleen Frable, UT, 40:23
- Patricia Caldwell, CA, 40:52
- Carol Dyar, CA, 39:07 *Age group record (unofficial)!
Those race walkers seeking to qualify for the biennial National Senior Games had meet one of two requirements:
- Place in the top four of their age group, or
- Finish with a time meeting or exceeding the NSGA’s minimum race walk time for their age group, gender, and distance.
The Huntsman World Senior Games is Utah’s qualifying state games, and sanctioned by the National Senior Games Association.
MORE RACE RESULTS:
- Women’s 1,500 Meter Race Walk Results | 2022 Huntsman World Senior Games
- Women’s 3,000 Meter Race Walk Results | 2022 Huntsman World Senior Games
Results source: Huntsman World Senior Games
Photo by Bonnie Parrish-Kell. Race walkers shown left to right, Marianne Hamilton, Eileen McManus, Karen Stoyanowski, Johanna Flipsen, and Janice Kelble.
The above information was compiled on Oct. 23. The race walk records had not yet been updated for 2022 as of Nov. 8, 2022. Please let us know if any corrections are needed.