Did you know that Divas and Goddesses are sisters of mythical mah-velousness, cosmic charisma, and fabulous fitness? Yep, it’s true!
In June, Canadian-based Goddess Run will celebrate its tenth anniversary with its signature event, the Goddess Run, and I’d love to have you Divas join me. Choose your distance – 5K, 10K or half marathon – or do all three for only one price! You’ll have plenty of time – walk or run your distance June 5-27. I’m starting off with a 5K.
The June event also kicks off the three-part virtual race series and features October Harvest Moon (Oct. 9-31) and December Snowflake (Dec. 1-31). I’ve signed up for all three events, and will be working toward completing a 10K in October, and the half marathon in December. Why don’t you join me, and we’ll help each other cross our own finish lines?!
Become Team Slowpoke Divas member – it’s FREE – and we’ll train together for our race distances, cheer each other on (especially when our spirits sag in the summer heat), and make improving our fitness fun.
How This Works
Step 1 – Sign Up for the Goddess Run VR Series
- Go to this race registration page
- Choose your virtual race: June Goddess Run, October Harvest Moon Run, or December Snowflake Run, or go for the three event bundle.
- Make it a family affair by signing up your kids, too!
- Choose Team Slowpoke Divas
- You’ll find Team Slowpoke Divas listed under “The Whole Dang Gang” category
- Choice of additional swag including a FREE “First Come, First Served” jewelry gift choice while supplies last
- Pay your Goddess Run fee* to enjoy all the benefits including social connections, potential to win prizes, and receive some very cool swag including jewelry, race medal, and race bib.
Mark your calendar: Prices go up on April 16, and registration ends on May 15…if the race doesn’t sell out beforehand!
[* Slowpoke Divas will earn a small commission with each paid registration through the race registration link above.]
Step 2 – Join Team Slowpoke Divas for FREE
- You’ll get a FREE 5K training plan to jump start or ramp up your walking or running program.
- FREE admission to Slowpoke Divas’ private Facebook group for moral support, uplifting conversations, and more.
- Be sure to post your progress there, too, so everyone can help you stay motivated
- Exclusive Facebook Lives inside Slowpoke Divas’ private Facebook group for live Q & A, chats, tips, and more.
- On your race day, share your photos and results of your 5K, 10K or half marathon results so we can all celebrate your achievements with you (plus stay motivated to keep up our training efforts).
SIGN UP TODAY because when the Goddess Run sells out, the chance to be part of Team Slowpoke Divas for this event is gone!
What is the Goddess Run?
Started in 2012 in Victoria, British Columbia, this women’s only run and walker-friendly event has inspired thousands of women to live healthy lives through education and community. The race series has also raised over $250,000 Canadian dollars for the Victoria Women’s Transition House, an organization helping women of all ages and their children leave abusive relationships.
My Experience with Goddess Run
Back in 2014, my best friend Nora and I decided to do a 5K together. To make the experience extra special, we made it a weekend getaway (with our hubbies, too) to Victoria on Vancouver Island in British Columbia. We had a FABULOUS time walking under azure skies and on a beautiful course lined with Sitka spruce, Lodgepole pine, and blooming flowers. Plus we met many women who shared their stories about their journeys toward improved health and fitness.
When the Goddess Run organizers began offering virtual races last year I immediately signed up – all to help keep me moving. Plus, I love the very cool swag!
The Goddess Run Benefits Slowpoke Divas, Too
Because I’ve enjoyed my experience with this race organizer, I helping to promote the virtual race series. If you use my unique race registration link to register for the Goddess Run or its virtual series, I’ll earn a few bucks (won’t you help me support my coffee habit? LOL).
The Fine Print (a.k.a. Promotion Rules)
- You must be at least 21 years of age to participate in this Team Slowpoke Divas promotion.
- To be a member of Team Slowpoke Divas and receive its stated benefits for the Goddess Run virtual race(s), you must first complete the Goddess Run registration process, pay all fees, and agree to the organizer’s rules, policies, and waivers. No exceptions!
- Slowpoke Divas and Goddess Run are separate entities under different ownership and control. Therefore, you agree to not to hold Slowpoke Divas responsible for any changes, modifications, or cancellations made by the race organizer, or any situations or issues that may arise between you and the race organizer.
- Membership in Team Slowpoke Divas for the 2021 Goddess Run virtual race series is limited to this free promotion, and your participation is completely voluntary. Other Team Slowpoke Divas events, promotions, or future endeavors are not included and may be subject to fees and requirements.
- To join the Slowpoke Divas private Facebook group, you will be expected to agree to and abide by its Group Rules. Otherwise, you will not become a Team Slowpoke Divas member. The free 5K training plan is yours to keep.
- By participating in this promotion, you assert to be of sound health and physical ability. Always check with your qualified healthcare provider before starting an exercise program or participating in a high-exertion activity or sport.
- By participating in this promotion, you assume all responsibility and risks associated with walking, running, and related training efforts, and hold Slowpoke Divas harmless for any injury, accident, disability, death, or other incident where charges, suits or actions may be claimed.
- Slowpoke Divas will earn a commission from the race organizer for each completed registration made through the link appearing on this web page and on Slowpoke Divas social channels at no additional cost to the registrant.
- This promotion ends on December 31, 2021. Slowpoke Divas reserves the right to change, modify or cancel this promotion and/or these rules at any time without notice.