Maryland Senior Olympics organizers announced today on Facebook they are adjusting their schedule ahead of the 2023 National Senior Games set for July 7-18 in Pittsburgh, PA. This gives participants in some sports a chance to compete before the national championship. These changes also avoid overlapping with NSGA’s schedule.
Here is the Maryland Senior Olympics schedule for cycling and walks:
- 10K Cycling Time Trial — Friday, May 3
- 5K Cycling Time Trial — Friday, June 7
- Track & Field — Saturday & Sunday, August 5 & 6
- 1500M Race Walk — date TBA
- 1500M Power Walk — date TBA
- 5K Power Walk — date TBA
- 1-Mile Precision Walk — date TBA
- Walker estimates their completion time prior to race. Medals awarded by those who finished closest to their submitted time.
Divas who are runners will note the 5K is set for Saturday, Sept. 2, and the 10K remains to be scheduled. Triathlon is not offered.
Go to the Maryland Senior Olympics website for more information.