After happily receiving so many inquiries about race walking, power walking, 5K and 10K running road races, and track and field events at this year’s Nevada Senior Games, I created this handy guide to help answer the most common questions (info taken from various pages at NevadaSeniorGames.com).
UPDATED SEPT. 3. 2018
- Deadline to sign up is Monday, Oct. 1.
- No “day of” or “walk on” entries.
- $40 NVSG registration fee for Nevada residents
- $45 NVSG registration fee for out-of-state residents
- $10 sport fee for each track and field event
- Save $10 by registering online instead of paper/mail-in registration
- The 5K and 10K road races will follow courses on the UNLV campus
- Both races follow courses on the campus of UNLV.
- Starts at the Student Union building.
- See course map below.
- The 5K race walk and power walks are listed in the “Track” or “Running Events”
- Both distances will be done on the track
- Save $10 by registering online at NevadaSeniorGames.com
Track & Field Schedule
The times below are subject to change. A final schedule with specific times will be posted at close of entries (after Oct. 1).
Friday, Oct. 12
- 7:00 am – Weight Pentathlon
- 10:00 am – Softball Throw
Saturday, Oct. 13
- 7:00 am – Shot Put, Discus
- 8:00 am – 5K Road Race
- Starts at Student Union Building, 2 loop course + 0.02 miles.
- Course map below.
- 8:30 am – 110M, 100M, 80M Hurdles*
- 9:00 am – 5K Race Walk, Power Walk, High Jump
- 10:00 am – 50M Dash, Triple Jump
- 10:30 am – 1500M Run, Hammer
- 10:45 am – 400M Run
- 11:15 am – 100M Dash
- 11:45 am – 1500M Race Walk, 1500M Power Walk
- 12:00 noon – 800M Run
- 12:30 pm – 200M Dash
- 1:00 pm – 300M Hurdles*
- 1:30 pm – 400M Hurdles*
Sunday, Oct. 14
- 8:00 am – Javelin
- 8:00 am – 10K Road Race
- Starts at the Student Union Building, course is 4 1/2 loops.
- Course map below.
- 8:30 am – Standing Long Jump, Pole Vault
- 10:30 am – Long Jump
- 11:30 am – Weight Throw
- Hurdles races are restricted to the following age/gender groups:
- 80M: Men 70+, All Women
- 100M: Men 50-69; 110M: Men, 45-49
- 300M: Men 60-79, Women 50-69
- 400M: 45-49, Men and Women
- Weight Pentathlon, Weight Throw, Softball Throw, Hurdle events, and Standing Long Jump are not qualifying events for the National Senior Games Association.
- However, the individual events of the Weight Pentathlon can be used for qualifying in those events.
- Vault poles may be rented for only $25 (all monies benefit the Shadow Ridge High School track team). Email Martha Watson at firstname.lastname@example.org with your weight and pole length by Oct. 1, 2018.
- Myron Partridge Track Stadium at University of Nevada, Las Vegas (UNLV)
- Entrance is off Swenson St (between Flamingo Rd and Tropicana Blvd).
- Turn east on Harmon then turn at first left.
5K & 10K Road Races Course Map
For More Information
- Contact Martha Watson, track and field coordinator, at email@example.com with questions regarding equipment or T&F events.
- To sign up, go to NevadaSeniorGames.com.
How to Find Track & Field Info on NevadaSeniorGames.com (or follow my links below)
- From the home page, click “Registration Information” appearing in the orange navigation area near the top of the page.
- Scroll down to the grid and find “Page 9 (pdf)” for “Events: Track & Field and Triathlon” (Be sure to have the Adobe Reader program installed on your laptop or mobile device so you can open and view the PDF).
- The following is a selected portion of Page 9 (pdf).