Increasing costs, decreasing participation, changes in ownership, and other factors are impacting running events across the United States, and women’s only road and trail running races in particular.
Listed below are races and events that will not be returning in 2018 in either format or operations.
Former Women’s Only Races Now Open to Men
- The Phoenix Women’s Half Marathon, 10K & 5K in Arizona
- The Run Mag Mile Half Marathon & 5K in Chicago
- Formerly named The Magnificent Mile Chicago Women Half Marathon & 5K
- Ownership of the Zooma Annapolis is transitioning to Pacers Running.
- Now called Wayfarer’s Annapolis Half Marathon & 10K, the race is open to all genders.
Events “On Hold”
Race organizers announced these events will not be offered in 2018 but may return in 2019:
- Dirty Girl Mud Run
Organizers announced the discontinuance of these races:
- California Girl Series including Beach Babe and Princess Challenge
- Esprit De She race series
- Island Girl
- Rocky Mountain Soap Company Women’s Run & Walk in Vancouver BC.
- The organizer said they are looking at other cities to host the race series.
Broken Websites & Links
These race websites are either dead or don’t work properly:
- Girls on the Go Run
- See Jane Run series