When my coach Jackie Arcana shared what she had for breakfast the other day, it gave me some inspiration to try something new.
She made a baby spinach salad with hard-boiled eggs, cherry-type tomatoes, what looks like feta cheese, and a dressing.
Here’s what I did:
- 2 handfuls of organic baby spinach
- 2 almost-hard-boiled organic brown eggs
- 1 tablespoon of dry roasted pine nuts
- 1 tablespoon of 365 Everyday Value 3 Blend Shredded Cheese (Fontina, Asiago and Parmesan) – thinly shredded
Then I topped it with this homemade dressing:
- 2 tablespoons Newman’s Own Organic Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- 1 tablespoon Tres Classique Black Current (Cassis) balsamic vinegar
- 1/4 teaspoon English honey mustard
- about 1/2 teaspoon organic honey
- water to thin
Heated the mixture to dissolve the honey and added some water to thin the consistency.
The whole thing turned out quite yummy!
If you want a vegetarian option, use extra firm organic tofu either in small cubes or crumbled. For a vegan meal, replace the honey with favorite sweetner and the honey mustard for one that doesn’t have honey.