Today is “Foodie Friday”!
Earlier this week, I made some gluten free bread pudding and by the time I remembered I needed a photo of the results, we had already devoured it! The bread pudding appearing in this photo is pretty close to my result.
Let’s get started.
Ingredients (for 2 people)
- Udi’s Gluten Free Whole Grain Bread, 3 slices (2 ends + 1 slice)
- Strauss Family Creamery Organic Eggnog, about 1 cup
- 1/4 cup organic raisins
- 1/4 cup chopped pecans
1. Tear bread into bite-sized pieces and place in bowl. Add eggnog and mix together with raisins and pecans. Let soak for 10 minutes or until 400 degree oven is ready.
2. Spray baking dish with olive oil. Pour bread mixture into baking dish, cover with aluminum foil then put into oven.
3. Bake for 20 minutes or until hot. Remove foil during last 5 minutes to brown.
4. For use as dessert, add up to 1 tablespoon of organic maple syrup and milk of choice. Otherwise serve and enjoy.
Add dried cranberries or other dried, chopped fruit. For orange flavor, add 1 part orange juice to 3 parts egg nog (or an egg-milk-vanilla mixture).
For extra decadence, I added a touch (like 1 teaspoon of Wild Turkey American Honey Whiskey) and it was divine. Only problem is whiskey is made from wheat — so if you’re very sensitive to gluten, DON’T try this.
Wondering what the caloric and fat numbers are on this? Not sure but here’s the nutritional info from the packing of the ingredients I used.
Nutritional Info (from packaging)
Strauss Family Creamery’s Organic Eggnog — pasteurized organic milk, organic cream, organic cane sugar, organic egg yolk, and organic nutmeg.
1/2 cup = 160 calories, 90 from fat. Total fat: 10g (15% DV), saturated fat 5g (25% DV), trans fats 0g. Cholesterol: 70mg (23% DV). Sodium: 55mg (2% DV). Total carbs: 13g (4% DV), fiber 0g (0% DV), sugars 13g. Protein: 5g.
Udi’s Gluten-free Whole Grain Bread — Udi’s best blend (tapioca & potato starch, brown rice & teff flour, modified tapioca starch), water, non-gmo vegetable oil (canola or sunflower or safflower), egg whites, evaporated cane juice, tapioca maltodextrin, tapioca syrup, yeast, flax seed, xanthan gum, salt, baking powder (sodium acid pyrophosphate, sodium bicarbonate, corn starch, monocalcium phosphate), cultured corn syrup solids (natural mold inhibitor), dry molasses, enzymes.
2 slices = 130 calories, 35 from fat. Total fat: 4g (6% DV), saturated fat 0g, trans fat 0g. Cholesterol: 0g. Sodium: 260mg (11% DV). Total carbs: 22mg (7%), dietary fiber 2g (8% DV), sugars 3g. Protein: 4g.